Traffic Safety at Harman
Please be advised of the following guidelines for drop-off and pick-up at Harman for everyone’s safety.
• There is NO eastbound traffic (coming up the hill from
Oakwood Ave.) on Dixon Avenue during drop-off and pick-up,
8:00-8:30 and 2:45-3:25. There is a barricade at the intersection
of Dixon and Oakwood.
• There are NO TURNS (left or right) from Harman Avenue onto
Dixon Avenue as you drive up the hill from Far Hills from
8:00-8:30 or 3:00-3:30. (Please see the sign above.) We’ve had several near misses in our crosswalks from parents turning illegally.
• Parking is NOT permitted along Harman and Dixon Avenue on the school side of the streets.
• Parents must remain in their cars during drop-off and pick-up. If your child is not ready to exit independently or come to your car to find you, please park in a parking space or in a municipal lot and walk to a designated meeting space.
• Parents must pull all the way up on Harman and Dixon Avenue when dropping off and picking up students.
• All parents and students must cross at the designated crosswalks. Our students
are watching. Please model safe choices for them.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our students safe!